Thursday 8 September 2011

Let's all get excited about the London Film Festival

With the announcement of the full programme for this year's London Film Festival I have found myself wondering what I was thinking booking a holiday for the final week (this may very well scupper my chances of seeing the Surprise Film), taking a part in a musical with evening and weekend rehearsals in October, and moving house - therefore seriously depleting my LFF fund.  The consequences of these decisions are even more disappointing as this is my first year of BFI membership and I was looking forward to putting it to good use.

However, these are the confines in which I work so, having scoured the programme online, the films I am planning to rush to buy tickets for are as follows:
50/50
Darwin
the Exchange
Hara Kiri
King Curling
Martha May Marcy Marlene
Mourning
Shame
(Surprise Film (if at all physically possible!)
Take Shelter

I will not be trying to see We Need to Talk About Kevin despite all of the brilliant things I've been hearing about it as it has a release date of October 21st anyway and despite the exceptional limitations I'm working with this year I'll be trying to see the same kind of selection of international and independent films that are unlikely to get a wide release post-festival.  I'd love to see The Ides of March but I just don't think I can fit it in.

I was surprised to see that The Help is not listed and my immediate suspicion was that it might be the Surprise Film but as it is due to hit UK screens on 28th October I reckon that's less than likely.

Anybody else going and think I'm potentially missing something spectacular?  And what are people's thoughts for the Surprise Film?

No comments:

Post a Comment